Li an kreyòl

The government of the United States recently announced that it is ending Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for Haitians.  The government also announced that it is extending Haitian TPS until July 22, 2019.

If you currently have TPS, it is now time for you to re-apply. Most Employment Authorization Cards (work permits) for individuals with Haitian TPS expire on July 21, 2018.  However, you cannot wait until that date to re-register.

If you want to stay in the United States and keep your TPS, you must re-register before March 19, 2018. If you miss this deadline, you may lose your TPS, your work permit, and your legal status in the United States.

If you live in Maine and would like help re-registering for TPS, please call ILAP at 207-780-1593 to get more information and schedule an appointment.  We are available to answer questions and/or help complete the forms and submit them to Immigration.

If you do not have TPS already, you will not be able to register during this period of time. However, please contact our office as there may be other options for you to obtain status and/or work authorization.